Housing of any of the following files is considered a violation of the terms of service:
IRC - We currently do not allow IRC, Egg Drops, BNC, or IRC bots to be operated on our servers or network. Files with references to IRC or any likeness thereof are prohibited. Also any program that acts like an IRC server or that provide chat functions that run as background processes are not allowed.
Proxies - We do not allow proxy servers of any kind, whether for personal or business use. Files with references to any proxy or likeness thereof are prohibited.
PortScanning - We do not allow any kind of portscanning to be done on or from our servers or network.
Commercial Advertising - Email
- High volume email deployments of any type are not permitted with any Left Brain Hosting shared account.
- Spamming, i.e. the sending of unsolicited email, from any Left Brain Hosting server or any server located on the Left Brain Hosting network is STRICTLY prohibited. Left Brain Hosting will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of this provision. This also includes Optin Optout mail programs and mail that either directly or indirectly references a domain contained within an account at Left Brain Hosting.
- Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by Left Brain Hosting customers must be Closed-loop ("Confirmed Opt-in"). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing or selling lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to or from any Left Brain Hosting hosted domain, or referencing any Left Brain Hosting account, is prohibited.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this TOS or the TOSof any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, text-bombing, unsolicited bulk text messaging or denial of service attacks is prohibited.
- Email address cultivating, or any unauthorized collecting of email addresses without prior notification of the email address owner is strictly prohibited.
- Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org is prohibited.
ShoutCast Servers - We do not allow Shoutcast Servers due to bandwidth and load issues.
Background Running Programs - We ask that users request permission before enabling persistent background processes of substantial load.
PHP Shell - PHP Shells or any likeness thereof are prohibited. Files with any reference to PHP Shells or likeness thereof are prohibited.
Server Abuse - Any attempts to undermine or cause harm to a Left Brain Hosting server or subscriber of Left Brain Hosting is strictly prohibited including, but not limited to:
- Logging into a server or account that you are not authorized to access
- Accessing data or taking any action to obtain services not intended for you or your use
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system, subsystem or network
- Tampering, hacking, modifying, or otherwise corrupting or breaching security or authentication measures without proper authorization
- Transmitting material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines or engines with the intent or effect of damaging, destroying, disrupting or otherwise impairing a computer's functionality or the operation of the System
- Interfering with, intercepting or expropriating any system, data or information
- Interfering with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, by means of overloading, "flooding," "mailbombing," or "crashing" any computer system
Hacked accounts - Each customer is fully responsible of his webspace content, regardless if the content was placed on his server space legally or as a result of a succesful hacking attempt. We offer our commercial services to recover upon succesful hacking, to remove the results of hacks and to audit your site security wise, harden your webspace's security, but is the customer's responsability to request these services (or similar services by third party providers). If no action is taken within 24 hours the Left Brain Hosting team announces the account owner about the eventuality to being hacked, the account will be suspended.
You will be held responsible for all actions performed by your account whether it be done by you or by others.